2016年4月1日金曜日

NOVAビジネス英語100復習(23)

23a - Interview1

Key Language: Describing previous experience

  • I was responsible for (supervising junior office staff).
  • I was in charge of (tracking the office budget).

Applications

  • A: What were your responsibilities in your last job?
  • B: I was responsible for coordinating meetings.
  • C: What relevant experience do you have?
  • D: I was in charge of tracking expenses in my last job.

Corrected sentences by teachers

  • I have had experience with ..
  • my team members are only three persons.
  • I share them with all staff ...
  • I go on overseas business trip ..

Useful sentences

  • the chance/opportunity will increase.
  • I decided to replace him in order to work smoothly.
  • I have experiences with three of these responsibilities.
  • I was team leader for/of the account department.
  • my main responsibilities were ...

Useful Words/Phrases

  • team oriented … チーム指向の -> you prefer working in a team.
  • organized -> meet deadlines, keep schedule, organize myself + team
  • tracking expenses … 支出を把握する -> ex) keep receipts
  • supervise … 指導する
  • coordinate … 調整する  
  • legal executive assistant … 法務部重役補佐
  • preparing presentations and reports



23b - Interview2

Key Languages: Describing strengths and weaknesses

Describing strength

  • I've been told I'm good at (adapting to new situations).
  • I've been told I'm good at (staying calm under pressure).
  • I've been told I'm good at (motivating others).
  • I've been told I'm good at (multitasking even when I extremely busy).
  • I've been told I'm good at (finding the best solutions to problems).
  • この表現の利点は①be elegance, ②other persons agree with my strengths

Describing weaknesses

  • I have trouble (speaking in front of large groups), so I (joined a public speaking club).
  • I have trouble (giving my opinions in meetings), so I (joined a debating club).
  • I have trouble (prioritizing tasks), so I (bought a digital organizer).
  • I have trouble (delegating other office staff), so I (took a management course).
  • I have trouble (managing my time effectively), so I (started setting time goals for tasks).

Applications

  • I've been told I'm good at making presentations. I was in charge of presenting new products in my last project.
  • I sometimes have trouble managing big projects, so I give myself extra time. Specifically I came in an hour early every day to prioritize the day's task.

Corrected sentences by teachers

  • It's good for decreasing stress.
  • I sweat a lot.
  • I got/had a massage(n). ⇔ I got my knee massaged(v).
  • solutions to problems compared to my other team member
  • I'm able to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines (canよりbe able toが望ましい)

Useful Words/Phrases

  • the first round of interviews
  • attendance ... 出席
  • adapt … 適応させる
  • start (***ing/infinitive)
  • trouble (***ing) 
  • human resources manager

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿